Dependant Pass

Singapore Dependent's Pass

Doubtlessly one can say that Singapore is in its next stage of nation-building, also the country is generating more higher-value jobs every year. This is the reason that foreign nationals who wish to relocate or set up a company in Singapore, have rare visa choices available.

Additional reasons that attract foreigners to work in Singapore also involve open recruitment policies, low personal tax rates, plus a high standard of living.

A Dependant’s Pass enables the dependent to work, live, plus study in Singapore. Those who are suitable for it are the family/relatives of an Employment Pass / EntrePass / PEP / S Pass holder.

Dependant’s Passes are valid as long as the holder of the chief Singapore work visa is actively working in Singapore. DP pass holders can live, enter and leave Singapore willingly without having to apply for separate Singapore entry visas.


Key Facts about the Dependent Pass


  • The primary work pass holder’s employer or an employment agent, such as a corporate services provider, needs to apply for the Dependent Pass.
  • The Dependent Pass is accessible to the spouse plus unmarried children of a work pass holder. Work pass holders comprise EntrePass, Employment Pass (EP), Personalized Employment Pass (PEP), and S Pass holders.
  • A Dependent Pass is valid for an equal period of time as the primary work pass.
  • A Dependent Pass can be renewed up to 6 months in advance of lapsing.
  • A dependent of an EP, PEP, or EntrePass holder can work in Singapore by receiving a Letter of Consent (LOC) from MOM.


Who Is Qualified for a Dependant’s Pass?


The partners including unmarried children below 21 years old (both birth and legitimately adopted children) of Employment Pass, S Pass, EntrePass, or PEP holders who are earning at least S$6,000 a month can apply for a Dependant’s Pass.


If the child of a Singapore work visa holder is born in Singapore, the hospital will provide you an Informing letter of Live Birth also Advisory Note from the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA). These records can be used to register for a birth certificate. It also signifies as a Special Pass to allow the newborn to stay in Singapore for 6 weeks. Throughout this time, you should apply for a passport for your baby from your embassy or high commission.

While the Common-law spouses of Singapore work visa owners are not eligible for a Dependant’s Pass. Though, subject to specific conditions, they are normally eligible for a Long-Term Social Visit Pass (LTSVP).


Documents Required to Apply for a Dependant’s Pass


While in order to apply for the Dependant Pass, the applicant must provide a copy of the particulars page of his/her passport.


Additionally, the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) may also require the subsequent additional documents:

  • A photocopy of the marriage certificate (for a legally married spouse)
  • A photocopy of the official birth certificate (for children under 21)
  • A photocopy of the adoption order (for adopted children under 21)


Note that all certificates must be in English or officially translated into English.


Application Process


In order to appeal for a DP the work pass holder’s corporation or an employment agent must complete the subsequent steps:

1. Submit an application: 

Typically, the business or immigration services agency will submit a form online through EP Online. Once the form has been submitted and the S$70 application fee has been paid, MOM will normally process the application within 3 weeks.

2. If confirmed, MOM will send an in-principle approval letter (IPA): 

Candidates will receive the IPA through EP Online. Once the IPA has been obtained, the applicant has to enter Singapore and request to issue the DP. A dependent of an EP, PEP, or EntrePass owner has 6 months to issue the DP. A dependent of an S Pass owner 2 months to issue the DP.


3. Issue the EP(Employment Pass): 


The applicant must be in Singapore to request to issue the DP. Besides, to issue the pass, the corporation or employment agent must submit the following by EP Online:

  • The applicant’s passport details
  • The details of the applicant’s current Short Term Visit Pass or immigration pass
  • The applicant’s residential address in Singapore
  • The local address where the DP card can be presented
  • Communication details of at least one authorized beneficiary who can receive an SMS or email alert with delivery details
  •  Payment of S$150

Some cases may also require the subsequent additional documents:

  • A Disembarkation/Embarkation card (immigration white card)
  • A performed medical examination form or health declaration form
  • A presented declaration form attached along with the candidate’s in-principle approval letter.

Once the documents are submitted the DP will be issued promptly.

4. Once the DP is declared, the applicant will receive a notification letter: 

The notification letter is valid for 1 month also allows the applicant to work and move in and out of Singapore. In addition, the notification letter will declare if the applicant requires to have his or her fingerprints registered and photos were taken.


5. Register fingerprints and receive a photo was taken (if required): 


New applicants and applicants who last registered over 5 years ago must register their fingerprints and have their photo taken.


EP, PEP, including EntrePass dependents, must register their fingerprints and receive their photo taken within 2 weeks of the DP being declared. S Pass dependents must register within 1 week.


Applicants must make an appointment with the Employment Pass Services Centre. At the appointment, applicants must have the subsequent documents ready:


  • Real passport
  • Appointment letter
  • Notification letter
  • Further, documents listed in the IPA letter and notification letter

6. Get the DP card: 

The applicant will receive the card within 4 working days.

Require help with your Dependant's Pass application?

Capital Radius are experts when it comes to Singapore's immigration laws and regulations. Our respectable guidance plus high success rate come with 20 years of experience. Ensure your Dependant's Pass with us.